The program offers the following services to women/survivors who have left the shelter and those who are survivors of abuse and live in Thunder Bay and outlying regions:
- individual counselling
- crisis intervention and referral services
- support and advocacy for medical, legal and court appointments
- assistance in accessing employment and education
- support groups
- child care is available and counselling service hours are flexible.
Are you being abused?
- Does your partner push, slap, punch, choke or restrain you?
- Does your partner intimidate you or make you afraid by using looks, actions and/or gestures?
- Does your partner put you down, call you names and make you feel bad about yourself?
- Does your partner play mind games and make you feel guilty or crazy?
- Does your partner control you, limiting your outside involvements and who you see and talk to?
- Does your partner make light of the abuse and not take your concerns seriously?
- Does you partner blame you for the abuse?
- Does your partner use the children to control you?
- Does your partner not allow you to participate in decision making?
- Does your partner control the finances, not allowing you to have knowledge of or access to family income?
- Does your partner threaten to hurt you, leave you and / or commit suicide?
So… Are you being abused?
If you have answered “yes” to any one of the above questions, your partner has power and control over you. Help is available.
If you feel you are being abused and would just like to talk, please call us. We can offer you support and information.
If you are interested in Outreach Program services, please contact the Outreach Workers at 345-0450.