Part-time Front-Line Counsellor Assistant
Salary Range from$ 27.56- $31.00
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 3:30-7:30 pm
Job Description: Attached (Please note this position will support the Front-Line Counsellor who is in charge of the shift. This position has a cleaning focus requiring the ability to work at an increased physical level.)
Applicants must have successfully completed a Social Work Diploma or Degree as a minimum academic qualification. (A copy of your qualifications must be attached to your resume.)
- Work experience of .5 to five years of full time or full time equivalent (26-260 weeks) performed at a competent level. Preference given to applicants who have worked in a shelter setting. Applicants must be able to articulate and demonstrate an understanding and ability to serve 2SLGBTQAI+ survivors and understand racism and oppression of BIPOC in addition to 2SLGBTQAI+.
- Applicants must be able to articulate and demonstrate their understanding of feminism and what it means and looks like within the shelter’s work and what feminism looks like within themselves.
- Applicants must be able to use a trauma informed lens while demonstrating kindness and compassion.
5) Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others and work as a team player.
6) Demonstrated understanding of mindfulness principals as they relate to being a woman/survivor and or child advocate.
7) Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the Mission, Vision and Value statements of the organization as well as an analysis of Violence Against Women/Survivors. Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality.
8) Demonstrated ability to use the following word processing and database programs – Microsoft Word, Windows, WISH.
9) Must have demonstrated strong team building skills as well as be able to problem solve independently.
10) Must have valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle for use at work.
11) Successful completion of a Vulnerable person criminal reference check.
12) Must have two Covid Vaccines plus one booster.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a letter of intent and an updated resume (including copies of academic qualifications) to me by February 14th, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.